Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Person w/acquired von willebrand/mgus

06/12/2009

Question:

Hello Again, Thank you so much for the fast response. I live in Cincinnati and the hematologist I have seen, told me I am complicated and there is nothing to help me. Just to come back if I have to have any kind of surgery. Well, the symptoms are the reason I keep seeking help. My CBC blood tests are fairly stable. Any more suggestions would be great. Thank you again

Answer:

It is not clear to me that the increased risk of infections that you are experiencing would be due to the acquired vWD. Some conditions could indirectly cause this risk of infection and give the acquired vWD, but they are less common.

If your hematologist does not think the symptoms are related to the acquired vWD, that may be why he asked you to come back if needed for surgeries, etc.

I'm sorry I cannot go into much more detail within this forum given the limitations, but I would encourage you to discuss these issues with your primary care doctor and consider maybe getting a second opinion. 

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine