Stomach Elbow Lower Back And Sides Rash!

06/30/2009

Question:

I first got a Rash from my belt buckle about 2 Summers Ago on my stomach. Its Went Away But About 8 Months Ago It Came Back. but not only only on mt stomach but also my back. I Went To The Doctor`s For It They Gave Me Cream, and told me i might be haveing an alergic reaction to something. so everytihng on my back dispeared but my stomacth didnt seem to get any better. now i`m not wearing the belt and i have rashs on my elbow (both left and right) on my sides my lower back and my stomach. they are very itchy. i dont know what to do i clean them and aply cream but nothing working, everything they give me dosent help period. so please if you could please help me!

Answer:

At this point, your previous treatment (the cream) is definitely not sufficient. It could still be an allergic reaction such as a contact dermatitis, but you need to be seen by a physician to receive prescription strength medication. I don't think over the counter creams will be sufficient based on the extent of the rash and the accompanying itch.

Elma D Baron, MD Elma D Baron, MD
Associate Professor of Dermatology
Director, Skin Study Center