Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Spine and Back Health

I had a C4-C7 fusion



I had a C4-C7 fusion and was told that my "ribcage" pain was referred. Here I am two surgeries later and the chest pain is killing me .... most times, I can`t even lie down ... is this another pinched nerve in my thoracic area? I had a body scan and the doctor told me I had a thoracic problem and should see someone. She wasn`t sure if it was muscular or whatever. Should I see a Neurologist for an EMG?


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

For more information:

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University