Root canal pain

07/14/2009

Question:

I had a root canal 4/29. After 10 days, the trauma pain subsided. About 3 weeks ago, a dull aching pain has reoccurred. I have taken advil, rinsed with warm water and have tried not to chew on that side. It is the second last molar on the left side (top). I have also tried Sensodyne tooth paste. If there is no nerve activity in the tooth, what could be causing the pain? I have no swelling. It is not a severe pain, but annoying. Could the pain be coming from the bone or sinuses? Thanks.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Post root canal pain
Problems after root canal
Gum swelling long after two root canals
Why are my root canals hurting now?
Root canals
Swollen area above an old root canal

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics