Incontinence

Soiling/Wetting My Pants

07/09/2009

Question:

I`m 24 year old with asperger syndrome. My a problem is that when I`m feeling emotional or sexuallyd stimulated I will wet/soil my pants or diapers (if I have them on). I`ve had this problem since age 6-7. I see it as a problem, and I wonder if there is something that can be done so I don`t lose continence under these circumstances? Is there any kind of therapy or something I can do?  What kind of health professional should I see? 

Answer:

As I understand it correctly, you are a 24 year old that still uses sanitary pads. That is not normal. Are you incontinent of urine, feces or both? At any event you need to see a urologist to perform a test called urodynamic studies. Also be aware that some of medications used to combat your psychological problems may interfere with your bladder or bowel function.

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery