Eye and Vision Care

Ulcer on Eye

07/27/2009

Question:

I have an ulcer on my eye I went to the doctors and got medication that I took for about a week and also not wearing my contacts it started getting better but still some tearing when the light would hit my eye but not too much I wore my contacts on friday which I got permission from my doctor it was fine with slight irration from the sun, I then proceded to wear them the following day, they it was a little more irration that day and when i took the contacts out that night before i went to bed it started to hurt again and tearing alot. am I ever going to get my eye heeled and wear my contacts again?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Your eye should heal with proper monitoring by your eye doctor. I recommend returning to your eye doctor and stating that your symptoms returned with contact lens wear. There is a possibility that you may need to remain out of the contact lenses for a while longer to allow your cornea to heal completely. 

Remember to always use a new pair of contact lenses, clean case and new solution after your eye doctor has given you permission to return to lens wear following an eye infection.

Go to the Eye and Vision Care health topic, where you can:

Julia Rae Geldis, OD, MS Julia Rae Geldis, OD, MS
Clinical Assistant Professor of Optometry
College of Optometry