Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Blood clot



I have a girlfriend that I just found out that she has a blood clot in the head and she is on medication for it and my question is. Is there any other treatments besides surgery and they told her that she needs to have surgery to fix it but I was wondering if there are other ways to help heal the blood clots


If they think she has a subdural hematoma, this needs surgery.

For more information:

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Eric H Kraut, MD Eric H Kraut, MD
Professor of Hematology
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University