Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Peyronies Syndrome and Shrinkage

07/23/2009

Question:

I have been told I have peyronies syndrome, and that my only option is an implant, however I am wondering if there may also be something else wong, too. I have never had any pain associated with it, but I do have extreme curvature, along with a very significant loss of size, so much so that sex is not really possible any more. My length is only about 1/3 of what I used to be, and I dont really expand any in circumference anymore. Any thoughts on why?

Answer:

Peyronie's disease affects 5% of men with different manifestations. 25% of the cases are self limiting and majority others have minimal symptoms. When curvature affects penetration, girth and or length, medical or surgical treatment may help. Not all treatments are satisfying to every individual. Some cause the penis to become straight and others may add to the girth but none can improve all the presenting features. Insertion of penile implant can provide sculpting of the shaft and improve erectile function.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery