Urinary Disorders

Bladder Problem

08/04/2009

Question:

Dear NetWellness, After taking twice reimplantation ureter (reflux grade IV) the second surgery still had lower grade reflux. I had symptoms pain in lower abdomain and pelvic, sometime pain on urination, and also feeling full of bladder. The result of urinalysis still had recurrent infection. Urodynamics test show that pressure is normal and obstruction urethra. Urologist did businasi for a couple time, but the symptoms and infection not gone.

Can you help me identify the cause of lower pain and infection? I read article about bladder outlet obstruction. Is this different with obstruction urethra?

Answer:

If the urethra was obstructed, an evaluation and treatment plan for that condition would seem appropriate. I am not familiar with the procedure your urologist performed. If you can provide some further detail and clarification, I would be happy to revisit this.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology