Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Myasthenia Gravis

Where can I find experienced neurologist



Can you please tell me where I can find a neurologist who is experienced in MG in my area. I live near Chichester in West Sussex. I have all symptoms of MG except the double vision and the neuro I`ve seen just did EMG and achl antibody test which were negative and has washed his hands of me. I`ve spent a total of 3 weeks in two hospitals having general tests (brain scans, heart, lungs etc.) and all fine. I am sure I have MG and need to find a neurologist who knows more about it and that you can have negative tests and still have it. Please can you help me I am so desperate, I haven`t been able to do anything for 4 months now and have lived on mushy food all that time because chewing brings on symptoms. I also get the breathing problem quite often but have learned how to cope with that by lying down and shallow breathing for an hour until I come back on line. I don`t seem to be able to find anyone who is willing to help me with this or believe it could still be MG with the negative tests.


I am not sure that I can help find you just the right neurologist. In the U.S.A., the easiest way is to go to mdausa.org to find the nearest MDA clinic. Your local MDA clinic can refer you to regional experts if you are not happy with your evaluation and make a request for a third opinion. I do not know how things would work in the UK. Best of luck.

For more information:

Go to the Myasthenia Gravis health topic, where you can:

Response by:

John G Quinlan, MD John G Quinlan, MD
Professor of Neurology
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati