Prostate Cancer

Rising PSA After Radical Prostatectomy

08/25/2009

Question:

November of 2008 my husband had a radical prostatectomy due to cancer. Since then his PSA levels were 0. The last test came back with a PSA level of .08. He also at the time of the test had either a kidney or bladder infection. Could this infection result in a false PSA level? If not, my concern is how quickly this came back and we have to wait until November for another test so the doctor can evaluate the last two PSA tests. My question is should we be concerned at how quickly his PSA level has risen since his surgery?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The link below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

NetWellness Search - PSA and Infection

Go to the Prostate Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org