Oral Cancer

Flesh Colored Bumps on Palette and Throat

08/18/2009

Question:

About 2 weeks ago I developed a sore throat, and a bad cough. The sore throat turned into slightly red bumps, then I got canker sores in my mouth and painful red bumps on the roof of my mouth. My sinuses have also been goopy, and in the first week they were really dry and i got 2 bloody noses. Now the cough is gone, my nose still drains into my throat, but I have the painful red bumps on the roof of my mouth still. And I think there may be one or two in my throat. They will go away then re appear in another area of the roof of mouth. At first the dr said it was viral and would pass. Im about to enter week 3 now. Any ideas?

Answer:

It is not possible to make a diagnosis in this type of forum. It is reasonable however, if your symptoms do not resolve in the next week or two, to seek referral to an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist who can directly evaluate your symptoms and make appropriate recommendations.

Go to the Oral Cancer health topic, where you can:

Amit  Agrawal, MD Amit Agrawal, MD
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology