Obesity and Weight Management

Low Protein Levels

09/01/2009

Question:

My symptoms are body aches, chills, migranes, light headaches, fatigue and itchy skin. I thought I may have the flu - but have no fever or nausea unless I get up to fast. On June 9 of this year I had the lap band done. I had followed my diet by the book until recently. I have skipped my protein shakes. Would like to know if this might be the cause of these symptoms before I make a Dr. appt.

Answer:

Thank you for contacting us regarding post-operative questions about the laparoscopic gastric banding surgery. As you have stated, there are definitely changes that occur with your body after a major operation like weight loss surgery. Additionally, weight loss in itself can affect your body and how you feel. If you have concerns, the correct path to take is making an appointment with your surgeon to review your symptoms and progress. 

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Go to the Obesity and Weight Management health topic, where you can:

Lisa  Martin Hawver, MD Lisa Martin Hawver, MD
Formerly Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery