Dental and Oral Health (Adults)

White Painful Bumps

I had a deep cleaning about 5 days ago which included some work with the sonic...something high pressured water, 11 shots, scraping, laser work and polishing. A couple of days later, I noticed white bumps on the outside AND inside of my gumline! They are white and painful. They have not burst but I cannot eat or brush my teeth. The doctor said to do salt water rinses and to continue using Peridox(?) mouthrinse. I cannot find anything on the internet that comes close to my problems. I would also like to mention that I am 8 months pregnant and have lost 3.5 pounds in one week. Please help.

You should be seen by an oral pathology specialist to have the lesions looked at and if you still have the vesicles present, this could be confirmed by a cytology.  A board-certified oral surgeon would certainly also be familiar with this possible condition.

Find an Oral Maxillofacial Pathologist Near You

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Adults) health topic, where you can:

Wendy  J Moore, RDH, EFDA, BS, MS Wendy J Moore, RDH, EFDA, BS, MS
Clinical Associate Professor of Dental Hygiene