Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Arthritis and Rheumatism

Injectable Methotrexate



I do what my doctor told me to do and so does my friend but when got to different opinions. My doctor told me to inject my methotrexate IM but my friends doctor told her SQ. Could it be done either way?


Methotrexate may be injected either subcutaneously (SC or SQ) or intramuscularly (IM).

For more information:

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Raymond  Hong, MD, MBA, FACR Raymond Hong, MD, MBA, FACR
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University