Urinary Disorders

Suspected UTI

10/01/2009

Question:

I have burning feeling in urination time to time and frequent urination for last one and half year. I have got three times fever with chills and once got treated for some infection for a 10 days course. I have high weakness and can not be diagnosed. Currently Urine tests shows pus cells (3-4)/hpf but doctor didn`t give me any treatment, and now I am feeling quite weak and have abdominal pain. Is it just a simple infection with some other things or UTI? Please let me know if it can help me to get diagnosed as I am really not well for last one and half year. I am in India. Thanks...

Answer:

The symptoms you describe are certainly vague and difficult to say that you definately have a urinary tract infection. The number of WBC's you have in your urine is very low but does not rule out infection. You need a more complete evaluation including cultures for yeast and TB.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Marc F Cymes, PA Marc F Cymes, PA
Clinical Instructor of Urology