Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Vascular Surgery

Pain in legs



my legs hurt all the time and now I have been told by my doctor that my cholesterol is 265 when I had blood work done on Sept. 10, 2009. Do I need to see a vascular surgeron?


See your primary care physician for a physical examination where basic issues with arteries and veins can be figured out. If there is concern, your physician will likely order some studies of your legs in the vascular lab. If these show problems, then a referral to a vascular surgeon would then likely occur.

For more information:

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Amy B Reed, MD Amy B Reed, MD
No longer associated