Urinary Disorders

Is it Okay to Have Sex

10/13/2009

Question:

I`ve had a scan and it revealed an extra pelvis on my left kidney. I have been getting pain in my back my whole life, and I`m constantly bleeding and in a lot of pain. I`m being tested further but is it okay to have sex or not? I have been given pesseries but they don`t seem to be working. Can you help? Can you tell me what to expect?

Answer:

I am sorry I am not getting your main complaint. You are using pessary for prolapsed but you are not happy. You are bleeding from? and you have extra renal pelvis. Each of these problems need to be addressed separately. An extra renal pelvis is not a disease but a common anatomical renal condition which should not cause problem unless it is causing blockage. Blood in urine is also a separate entity and should be dealt with based on the cause. If you need assistance in any of these conditions please clarify.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery