Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

My Penis is Very Small - Treatments



I am 22 years old and my penis size while flaccid is 5 cm and while erect it is 12 cm (same from my age of 16).

During normal conditions it gets totally shrunk and I came to know that by this age my inner part should come out of the outer skin, but I don`t have so. Also when I try it manually, I get a little pain when I touch the inner part or when it touches my underwear. Are there any treatments available for my condition? What kind of doctor should I consult about this matter?

I woul be very pleased for any reply!


The size of the penis is what you have been given but as long as it is functional i.e., urination and sexual satisfaction, it is fine. The outer skin called foreskin is retractable and glans penis or the head should be exposed after erection. If tender to retract and or does not retract you have a condition known as phimosis. Circumcision should correct this condition. You need to see a urologist for your condition.

Related Resources:


For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati