Braces

Reversing Braces

10/22/2009

Question:

Before I had braces. My teeth used to lay on top of each other. Not necessarily stick out my mouth but it made mouth overly protrude out. The orthodontist recommended that I take out four teeth to pull my teeth back. Now, I notice my lips are smaller, my teeth are all dented inwards, and the space betweeen my nose and my mouth looks longer. What can I do to just gain a result where my teeth are just normally sitting on top of each other?? How can I have my orthodontist reverse the process without having to go back to braces??

Answer:

It sounds to me as though you need another examination by a different orthodontist. If you contact the American Association of Orthodontists at 401 N. Lindbergh Ave., St. Louis MO 63141-7816 and give them your address with zip code, they can give you the names of some trained orthdontists in your neighborhood. They also have a phone you can try at 1 800 424 2841; tell the operator you need some names.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry