Do I have diabetes

11/02/2009

Question:

Hello There, I recently went to my doctors office and this is what I`ve been told. My overall readig is 96. My 90 fasting blood work was 65. I have been taking Meforium for a while but she doesn`t think at this time I need a meter. I have started back excercising hot and heavy. What do you think?

Answer:

I am not sure of the units of all the measurements and I can't make a diagnosis from the information provided on NetWellness.  However, if you are either at risk for type 2 diabetes or have had the diagnosis made, a steady exercise program within the constraints of assuring that you are able to tolerate exercise and are not at risk for various bad events is almost always to the good - Notice that I said STEADY exercise - "hot and heavy" has a very short-term sound to it which results in people getting "burned out" - steady as she goes!

Robert M Cohen, MD Robert M Cohen, MD