Dental and Oral Health (Adults)

Dentist Experience

03/16/2010

Question:

Hello, I recently had a bad experience at a new dentist`s office. I feel that after looking around the cleanliness of the office/equipment should be questioned. I was also told by the receptionist after my appt. that she would never go to him. I am nervous that I may have been put in harms way because of this dental visit/cleaning. I did not see him bring out any new tools and there was no time in between the patient before me and myself. There is also no hygienist there. I am scared regarding the sterilization. can you please advise me on any viruses/diseases i should be concerned about? Also, is there any way I can go about reporting him or finding out his procedures for sure? Thanks in advance.

Answer:

If you have concerns, these can be reported to your State Dental Board.  This can be done anonymously.  They will then be required to investigate the complaint and answer any questions you may have.

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Adults) health topic, where you can:

Michele P Carr, RDH,  MA Michele P Carr, RDH, MA
Associate Professor of Dental Hygiene
Associate Professor of HS Nursing Quality & Research