Myasthenia Gravis

Manganese research and M.G

11/20/2009

Question:

On finding E.K. Josephson Thymus and Myasthenia Gravis it is worth a read. ( A-albionic research 1961) It states as early as the 1940`s that manganese has shown to be a significant factor in the fight against M.G along with vit; & mineral supplements,on scrolling down he describes how it helped patients go into remission. What is your opinion on this research?

Answer:

I could find no references of medical publications by EK Josephson in the peer-reviewed literature. I was unable to find out whether or not he was a neurologist or even a physician. Here's what I would recommend:

1. It is important that patients with MG or symptoms concerning for MG see neurologists trained to care for patients with neuromuscular diseases.

2. Find an experienced doctor that you are comfortable working with.

3. It is often a good idea to get a second opinion on difficult diagnostic questions or treatment plans.

4. When dealing with nutriceuticals: buyer beware.

Hope this helps.

Go to the Myasthenia Gravis health topic, where you can:

John G Quinlan, MD John G Quinlan, MD
Professor of Neurology