Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)




Sir, I am a male of 50 years with a problem of tight foreskin as a result of which foreskin can not fully stretch to open the head of penis. When I contacted a surgeon, he examined the flaccid penis and advised me to do manual gentle stretching of penis frequently and that phimosis is not that severe warranting surgery. By continuous stretching and sliding, my foreskin has started loosening, but when while the penis is erect, I face the same problem that the foreskin does not retract and only small part of head sommes. Will conntinuous stretching of penis resolve the issue? I need your guidance. Thank you.


Unfortunately, phimosis does not resolve just by stretching of the foreskin. There are times that combination of steroid and anti fungal ointment may resolve the problem but recurrence is always follows. The best treatment is circumcision.

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati