Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

Runny nose and sneezing in morning in winter

12/08/2009

Question:

Dear Sir,

I am 29Years male. At the time of wakeup my bed early morning I feel itchy nose and runny nose, sneezing. It is only on morning time especially in winter. Recently I met ENT specialist he given me Levocetrizine and Emsolone for 6 days. At the time of using medicine I have no above symptoms after stop the medicine I feel same problem.

Please let us know why it is happening in winter is any serious problem in future How to relief from sneezing and runny nose. Please advice.

at present i am using BANOCIDE FORTE 250MG thrice a day is it enough or not.

Answer:

Most likely you have allergies, and this time of year it may well be a sensitivity to dust.  More specifically, dust mites, which are very prevalent in your bed sheets and mattress.  I'm not quite familiar with the brands of medicine you listed, but these are an antihistamine pill and nasal steroid spray.  Both of these medicines are very effective for allergies.

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

Allen M Seiden, MD Allen M Seiden, MD
Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Division of Rhinology and Sinus Disorders, Director of University Taste and Smell Center, Director of University Sinus and Allergy