Infertility

Small follicle size

01/04/2010

Question:

my follicle growth is slow i.e its approx 10mm before ovulation my doctor suggests me clomiphene from 2nd day of mensis to 6th day nad then she also suggests duphaston from 20th day to 27th day of menstrual cycle my cycle is 36 days long and i have menses usually nomal but sometimes its upto oneweek up or down is the suggested medicines suites me to get pregnent or not???????? do they have any side effects????

Answer:

The medications you are taken are safe and commonly used to help women become pregnant who are not ovulating. The most common side effect is ovarian discomfort related to ovulation. The risk of having twins is approximately 10%. The risk of have more than twins is very small. You should discuss with your physician your concerns about these medications and their chances of working for you. 

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

William W Hurd, MD William W Hurd, MD
Professor of Reproductive Biology