Stroke Symptoms After Local Dental Anesthesia

Following root canal work last week I experienced stroke symptoms and was admitted to the stroke unit of local hospital. MRI and CT scans showed no brain "event" and diagnosis was a form of migraine. Discharged that day but symptoms got worse and worsr with slurred speech facial droop, leag and arm weakness and loss of strength in fingers ets. Now a week later and symptoms arw slowly improving. Dr is baffled. I`m worried as can be. Has the local anaesthetic somehowq damaged the neurological nerves, will I recover. Help please.

I am sorry for your difficulties. I do not know enough about this event to make a determination if the local anesthetic was even responsible for this, although it would be hard to make that determination even with all the facts. I am sorry that I am in the same position as your physician in knowing your prognosis as it appears the diagnosis is somewhat in question. Perhaps further neurologic consultation is needed?