Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Want another baby (Tissue Scaring)



I`m not sure what the Medical term is called but, I had my tubes unclamped in 1993 I was told that it would be imposible for me to get pregnant due to some scaring, also I`m 49 and want to have another baby I have not been sexually active for the last 5 years now that I`m getting married I would like to address the issue and weigh my options. I don`t have a cycle and I`m not sure if I have went through menapause or not. my cycle stoped at age 40 the month my mother died I think my body went into shock can you PLEASE help me.


It is likely that you have gone through menopause. If this is the case, it is extremely unlikely that you will get pregnant on your own. If you are healthy, you can consider having another child using in vitro fertilization and donor eggs. For this fairly expensive procedure, eggs are removed from a woman in her 20's (either an anonymous donor, or someone who is your friend or relative). These eggs fertilized in a dish with your husband's sperm, and the developing embryos are placed in your uterus. Pregnancy rates per cycle are over 50% in most programs. If you are interested in trying this approach, you should make an appointment with an infertility specialist who offers this service.

For more information:

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Response by:

William W Hurd, MD William W Hurd, MD
Professor of Reproductive Biology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University