Addiction and Substance Abuse

How long do you think he`ll live????

I`ll cut to the chase, I`ve been horrible concerned with my 16 year old cousin who`s been snorting adderall for 3 years. He usually goes threw an entire bottle of Adderall xr30 in as little as 2 weeks, how long do you think he`ll live? (NOTE:) He`s so far into this that he`s been in a minor psycosis for a year now and I dont want to freak him out with abunch of cops and doctors, so could you give me an honest to god opinion as to if he`s gonna live long or not.

P.S. He`s only 5 4" and 110 pounds now and he`s sick everyday, his skin even turns dark dark red and smells terrible but he says it only happens when his arms and legs turn that darkish red color.

Your question is a tough one. No one has a crystal ball, so we can't really answer your question about how long your cousin will live. I think the most important thing is that he gets medical attention. I wouldn't worry so much about the cops and doctors and would worry more about his physical safety.

Best wishes.

Go to the Addiction and Substance Abuse health topic, where you can:

Christina M Delos Reyes, MD Christina M Delos Reyes, MD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry