Women's Health

Is this real?

01/07/2010

Question:

Hi I`m 14 years old. For the past couple of months My right breast only has been itchy to the point of pain and has been slowly getting worse. I didn`t think much of it until recently I found a grayish patch that is very dry and rough. It also has small bumps around it. It`s not a rash and I don`t know what to think is this real am I showing symptoms?

Answer:

Great question. It sounds like you are having a reaction to something and it's causing a skin problem. I can't really diagnose it without seeing it, so I'd suggest you go to your health care provider and have her/him take a look. In the meantime, you could try an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream that might help the itch. However, this will not cure the problem and it's really important for you to get it diagnosed so that if you need other medication you can get it. 

Hope this helps. 

Go to the Women's Health health topic, where you can:

Elizabeth R Barker, APRN, BC, FNP, FAANP, CHE, PhD Elizabeth R Barker, APRN, BC, FNP, FAANP, CHE, PhD
Professor of Clinical Nursing