Infertility

Conception problem

02/02/2010

Question:

hi..i m 21 and my husband is 28...6 months before we got married and after 5 days my husband`s sister got married.she is 27 and her husband is 30... the problem is that i and my husband planning to have a baby after 1 month of our marriage but it didnt works....i havent concieve yet...instead my husband`s sister got pregnant 2 months before..now i m very tensed because i desperately want a baby...plz give me some advise in this matter....thanks

Answer:

You sound like you are getting frustrated, but it is not clear how long you have been trying to get pregnant. It might be of some comfort for you to know that it takes the average couple 3-6 months to achieve pregnancy. A couple is not considered to have a fertility problem until they have tried to get pregnant for more than one year without success. If you have been trying to get pregnant for more than 6 months, you should see your gynecologist to discuss methods for increasing your chances of success. Often, your gynecologist will begin a basic fertility evaluation after 6 months of trying, including semen analysis and an x-ray test to see if your tubes are open. A full evaluation is needed if you have been trying for over a year.

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

William W Hurd, MD William W Hurd, MD
Professor of Reproductive Biology