Healthy Mouth, Healthy Kids

Pitting on Infants Teeth

I am inquiring about my 1 1/2 yr old she is a breastfead baby never had a bottle and is still breastfeading now. She does have juice and milk in a sippy cup but juice is diluted and not put to bed with a sippy or bottle. Her top four teeth near gum line are pitted and are now starting to turn a ting of yellow she has only had these teeth approx. 6 months and we have brushed in am/pm since she got teeth since her old brothers age 12/5 have had teeth issues as well but they never had these pitted teeth and not issues this early. It makes me cry and feel like an unfit mother when i look at her teeth i am at whits end on what to do. Our peds/family dentists dont seemed as concerned as i do what will they look like in 4-5 years if they look like this now? Any suggestions on what to do? or reason something like this happens?? Please help!

It is not possible to diagnose your daughter's condition without examining her. It is always a good idea to get another opinion if you have questions, and be certain to have her examined by a pediatric dentist. This dentist specializes in children's dental issues. He or she will be able to diagnose the problem and explain further options to you.

Go to the Healthy Mouth, Healthy Kids health topic, where you can:

Dennis J McTigue, DDS Dennis J McTigue, DDS
Professor of Pediatric Dentistry