Urinary Disorders

UTI with Kidney Stone

02/19/2010

Question:

I have a had many Urinary Tract Infections. Recently had pain in the the lower left pelvic area . A LOT of bright red blood and bruning during urinating. I have had blood in the unrine for at least 7 days. The infection is gone now, and so is the blood. I have an appointment in a month with a urologist. I also have a 6mm kidney stone in CTSCAN stated: There is a non-obstructing calulus seen in the lower pole of the left kidney. Still have a little pain in the lower left pelvic area (bladder) but all other problems gone.

Do you any ideas to what this might be? Thank You

Answer:

The discomfort may be residual from the UTI. Because of the blood that you saw in the urine and the fact there is a non-obstructing stone in the kidney, it is important to be seen by a urologist to get a more complete history and physical examination as well as to plan for further evaluation.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology