Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Women's Health

Lump Under Skin



Hi. I am a 57 year old woman. I have a small pea sized lump under the skin at the top of my inner thigh sort of right under the genitals and going a little to the back. The lump is where the underwear line is. Are there lymph nodes in that area that can swell? Also, is it okay to wait a few weeks before going to the doctor to see if this goes away? I`m afraid the doctor will think I am a hypochondriac for being concerned about something so small. Thank you so much for your time.


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Any lump or mass present for more than 2 weeks may be considered abnormal and should be evaluated. You need a good evaluation, possibly a scan, and maybe even a biopsy. Make sure you see your health provider.

For more information:

Go to the Women's Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Linda A Bernhard, PhD, RN Linda A Bernhard, PhD, RN
Professor Emeritus
College of Nursing
The Ohio State University