Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

ear problems



I went to a specialist and said that there is nothing wrong with my ears. My ears hurt behind the ears, down to my neck, and then some time up to my head, its on both sides, but not the same time. I have an ulcer problem, Dr said that was causing the problem gave me pills, but I have been taking those pills all along. said my throat on the right side was really inflamed and left was really red, said that could be causing the pain, from acid coming up and burning my nerves. but I think its more than that. I have had this pain going on 3 1/2 months, and not getting better. don`t know what to do. should I get a dif Dr.


I recommend that you see an otologist (ear specialist). I would get a hearing test; you may also need a CT scan or MRI. This may be due to musculoskeletal pain, stress, migraines, etc. You may end up seeing a neurologist as well.

For more information:

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ravi N Samy, MD, FACS Ravi N Samy, MD, FACS
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Skull Base Surgery Fellowship, Director of Adults Cochlear Implantation Program
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati