Gynecology

Positive High Risk HPV and Normal PAP

03/16/2010

Question:

Two years ago I got tested for HPV and tested negative, so I had the HPV Vaccine. The following year I tested positive for High Risk HPV with a normal PAP, 6 months later I had another exam and this time it was negative for HPV. 6 months later I had another test and it again tested positive for high risk HPV and the PAP was normal. I was given two options, either wait another 6 months and get tested again or have a Colposcopy now. What should I do?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Gynecology health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org