Sports Medicine

Hyper Knee Extension

03/16/2010

Question:

While walking through a field my left leg went into a lower area and I stumbled. Though there was a pain to begin with, it seemed that I quickly walked it off. About 24 hours later, I began experiencing pain to the front of my knee cap with no apparent swelling. I stayed off of it and applied heat and the pain slowly reduced. Now some 10 days later, I am finding that when I am off of it, sleeping or sitting for a period of time, there is significant stiffening and pain again to the front of the knee which gradualy reduces and afer a number of steps, it is gone. Not sure what to make of this or if there is something more wrong. Can you please advise if this is normal at this state with that type of injury.

Thank you

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Sports Medicine health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org