Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants

Implants

03/19/2010

Question:

I lost my three front teeth at the age of 21. At the age of 23 was a student at Wits(1996), I visited Wits Dental School to find more about implants. I had a conversation with one of the student who re-assured me that the schoool does implants. So, he gave suggested a return date to sort out my teeth.I was looking forward to that day.On that day I was outright disappointed at my first procedure/meeting because he had tempered with my three other healthy teeth. I realised that I was not getting implants but a bridge, he had done work on me, preparing abutment for a 6 unit bridge. 10 years later I had to replace my bridge, because it was no longer fitting.To my biggest disappoinment my 1 abutment was rotten. So a lost 1 more tooth and a 7 unit bridge was then prepared. 3years later the bridge is now very painful on the 1 side. I have been to the dentist on a number of occasions but nothing is helping.He has suggested that we remove the bridge and prepare another one. I am scared that I will loose more teeth. Besides I am tired of injections on my gum. I am desperately looking for a prosthodontist. I AM HOPING THAT HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE AWAY MY MISERY.

PLEASE HELP.

Answer:

I would suggest evaluation by a prosthodontist. Every country should have a directory.

Go to the Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants health topic, where you can:

Nancy L Clelland, DMD, MSD Nancy L Clelland, DMD, MSD
Professor of Restorative & Prosthetic Dentistry