Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

Painful swallowing

03/22/2010

Question:

I am 27 years old and for about the last 10 years sometimes when I swallow my throat gets tight and I get what feels like a lump. It starts at the bottom of my throat and if i relax for a few minutes sometimes it goes away but most of the time it moves to the top of my throat and it hurts to swallow, yawn, talk and even turn my head. The pain is enough to bring me to tears and usually lasts for about twelve hours and it mostly occurs if I swallow when i`m laying down.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The link below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Esophagitis

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org