Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

Ears Plugged

03/22/2010

Question:

I have an ongoing problem with plugged ears. Last year an ent said only tubes would help me after looking in my ears. I decided on a second opinion and this ent said the tubes would not help me at all. He checked my hearing and pressure (although my ears were not plugged during the pressure test)he also orderd a cat scan and of course everything was normal. I decided to track the problem closely since it went away during the winter but to my horror it started again this morning. I`ve noticed my nose will run in the mornings and then most of the entire day my ears will be plugged. I`m so upset that it`s back! The effect it has on my life is beyond comprehension, it`s like I`m talking in a bucket. I avoid talking as much as possible but I`m in sales and that`s a problem.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Plugged ears
Ears plugged and tight pressure around temple

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org