Gynecology

ovarian cyst

03/24/2010

Question:

Dear dr Im 27years old,75kg,164cm height and married since 3 years. I have irregular menstruation. once I visited Dr after delaying of menstruation for about 3 months she asked me to make hormones analysis and I got these results FSH 5.0 - LH 10.2 - PROLACTIN 10.3 - ESTRADIOL 29.1 - TSH 1.09 - T3 142 - T4 9.6 - PROGESTERONE 0.5 I made 3D US and the result was both ovaries are polycystic in texture. The Dr informed me that I have failure of ovulation and gave me metformin 3 pills per day with selenium(multivitamins) once per day, and she asked me to visit her in the 1st day of the next menstruation to start hormonal therapy and she informed me that she will use pure TSH hormone because according to the investigations I have low FSH with high LH. my questions are - do I have low FSH and high LH according to investigations? - should I use pure FSH or should I use combination hormonal therapy? - what will be the next step in treatment if hormonal therapy failed? - Is laproscopy the treatment of choice if hormonal therapy failed?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about fertility and gynaecology but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Gynecology health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org