Gynecology

Could I be Pregnant?

04/01/2010

Question:

The first day of my last period was March 4, 2010. I usually have a 28 day cycle. I am 22 years old and on the birth control Yazmin and have been for a couple of years now. I always take my pill on time everyday. But this month I missed 2 in a row on the 17th and 18th of March. I freaked out and didnt read my pills instructions to take 2 pills on the 19th and 2 pills on the 20th. Instead I took 3 pills on the 19th. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 16th and 18th of the month. On the 19th of March I went to the pharmacy and requested Plan B. Since I have had some slight lower abdominal cramping as well as some constipation, but I have also been sick with a cold. I am really scared and nervous and have a `feeling` that I am pregnant. Do you think there is a chance that I could be pregnant even though I took the Plan B? My period is due this week, should I wait to see if it is late before taking a pregnancy test? Could I take one any sooner and get correct results? Thank you!

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The link below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Possible Pregnancy

Go to the Gynecology health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org