Athletic Training

Weight Loss

04/15/2010

Question:

I have lost 30 pounds and most of it is in my arms and legs. I would love to lose more aroung my stomach and my thighs. I have heath issuse so the only exercise that I can do is walking. I am perimenapase and thaking Prednisone for 6 years. I can`t do any sit ups, yoga and I don`t like swinning. My doctors don`t want me to ride my bike becuase my lower back locks. Is there any thing that I can do to lose the weight in my stomach?

Answer:

Every person loses body weight at different rate and different sites of the body. Weight loss generally occurs through both diet and exercise.

Since you are unable to modify your activity level, I would suggest consulting a nutritionist for diet modification. A nutritionist will be able to analyze your current eating habits and make suggestions of how to continue your weight loss.

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Angela Justina Beisner, MA, AC Angela Justina Beisner, MA, AC
Athletic Trainer
Department of Athletics Instructor