Gynecology

Period or Hemorrhaging?

04/12/2010

Question:

2 weeks ago today, I started what I thought was my period. When I would wipe there was pink on the toilet paper. It wasn`t enough of a flow to warrant using tampons. Then on Friday (2 days ago) I started bleeding like a regular period. Saturday was relatively normal. Sunday and all night last night I was having to change my tampon every hour and still have to change it every hour or so. When I take the tampon out I can hear the blood just dripping like a slow leak in a faucet. I have always had irregular periods and my doc at the time was not too concerned with that. So long as I was getting some sort of bleeding, I wasn`t going through menopause. I am 38. Now I`m worried that I just may be hemorrhaging. HELP...

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Gynecology health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org