Sports Medicine

Talus Fracture - Foot Pain

04/14/2010

Question:

My son had a talus stress fracture two years ago. He trained on it for 6 weeks before it was diagnosed and he was placed in a walking boot. There was initially improvement but he has been experienceing increasing pain and discomfort to the point where over the past two weeks, the pain is almost constant and interferes with sleep. He is no longer at home and is no where near the orthopedist that he saw for the problem initially. My question is whether there is likely anything that will relieve this pain or is this just most likely a severe arthritis or avascualr necrosis without much likelihood of non-surgical intervention?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Sports Medicine health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org