Athletic Training

Arms

04/23/2010

Question:

I wanted more toned arms, so I decided to do backwards push-ups off a chair. Unfotunately, my arms became terribly huge -picture weightlifter large. Disappointed with my results, I decided to do no physical activity. The large muscles turned into a large amount of fat. I am upset because my arms weren`t bad at all, I just wante them to be more defined, and now I have large flabby arms. What can I do to make my arms small again?

Answer:

Unfortunately, there aren't many options for you at this point for reduction of the size of your arms. You can have surgery, which isn't the answer in my opinion. I would look at total body conditioning because that in the long term is the best prescription for your overall health and wellness. This time I would look to train your entire arm complex. You want balance between your muscle groups. General body exercising may reduce some of that fat layer. However, I wouldn't expect great losses in the area.

Good luck and try to remember to LOVE THE SKIN YOU'RE IN!!!!

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Chalisa   Fonza, MA, ATC Chalisa Fonza, MA, ATC
Athletic Trainer
Clinical Instructor at the School of Allied Medical Professionals