Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

Experiencing Swallowing Disorders



Attention: Dr. Michael Wolfe I read with interest your article "Foreign body sensation in the throat due to displacement of the superior cornu of the thyroid cartilage: two cases a a literature review." The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, 120. pp. I endured trauma to the top of the head. Shortly after I experienced a clicking sound in the left parietal area, a bumpy sensation when I swallow, and crunchy noises in the ear and neck. I received several osteopathic treatments which reduced the noises in the neck. However the osteopath is at a loss as to how to improve the swallowing dysfunction. Is it possible for Dr. Wolfe to provide the name and telephone number of any specialist to address my swallowing complaint? Perhaps a ENT who specializes in swallow dysfuntion (or other specialist), since I am uncertain if such a specialist can be found in Canada? I appreciate any information you may have. Thank you. It is much appreciated. Sincerely


The university program in Toronto has a very good head and neck (ENT) program. You may also use the directory listed below to find an ENT in Canada.

Related Resources:

American Academy of Otolaryngology - Find an ENT

For more information:

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Allen M Seiden, MD Allen M Seiden, MD
Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Division of Rhinology and Sinus Disorders, Director of University Taste and Smell Center, Director of University Sinus and Allergy
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati