Root Canal and Vomiting

05/31/2010

Question:

Had root canal procedure started and within a few days I was violently ill. In the hospital, dehydrated from being so ill. Admitted me and in for two days with stomach pain and could not find anything. A nurse told me that it could have possibily been a bacterial infection prompted by the root canal. I was ill for more than 10 days. Two days ago I returned to the dentist to continue with the completion of the root canal (temporary crown etc.). Today I am physically ill and cannot keep anything in my system. Do you have any thoughts on this subject?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Nausea and Vomiting After Root Canal
Dizziness After Root Canals
Infection in Root Canal

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics