Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Knot on My Shin Comes and Goes, Happens...

05/14/2010

Question:

...when my legs are still for a while, like at night, overnight, or when I sit too long. I get a knot in the same place on both shins (at different times), and an indented area below the knot. It feels like it`s all directly on the bone.

My legs hurt a lot in general, especially at night. I have to move them to keep that down. The knots don`t have any color, are quite dramatic, and they go back down after I move my legs a lot.

Who should I see? I just had to stop my insurance because I couldn`t afford the premiums! I`d love to be able to give the doc another doc`s opinion. Thank you so much!

Answer:

While it is impossible to really make an accurate diagnosis without being able to see and examine you, I cannot say that anything comes to mind as to the cause. I'm sorry I cannot provide any additional help, but would encourage you to continue to see your physician if this remains a problem or gets worse.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine