Women's Health

Costochondritis

05/26/2010

Question:

I have been suffering with Costochondritis for two and a half months. I also have rheumatiod arthtitis which has caused the Costochondritis. Despite home treatments and treatments from my doctor and rheumatologist it is not settling down at all. My doctor has me off of work for the past 6 weeks. I see my doctor next week and I don`t think that he is going to send me back to work. I have also tried physical therapy and he said that I am too inflamed and tender to do any thing for me. Is there any thing that I might be able to try that I have not already? I have used rest, heat, ice, pain meds, norflez, NSAID and Prednisone. I have had this before but the longest it ever lasted is 4 weeks. How long could this last for?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Costochondritis
Understanding Costochondritis

Go to the Women's Health health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org